You’ve rented a villa–now complete the fantasy with your own chef! He or she will appear at your door as scheduled and slip into the kitchen to prepare the most delicious Italian meal you’ve ever tasted. Meanwhile, you can sit back and relax with a glass of wine and plan tomorrow’s adventures with your friends and family. Clean-up? Included!
Read on to learn about our fabulous chefs and meal services in Tuscany, Umbria & new for 2016, Cinque Terre:
TUSCANY AND UMBRIA
Cinzia’s Group of Chefs:
Professional, charming and talented are words to describe Cinzia’s group of chefs! They will serve up four delicious courses. Your appetizer includes the following: selection of regional cheese served with fig jam, honey, and balsamic vinegar; mixed crostini, aromatic bruschetta with tomatoes and basil topping, toasted bread with garlic and virgin oil, and Farmer’s soup. Your First Course is a fresh pasta with Cinzia’s secret recipe and risotto with seasonal vegetables and truffles. The Second Course is chicken with garden rocket and reduced balsamic vinegar, with a Side Dish of seasonal vegetables. For dessert, tiramisu, bread baked in a wood-burning oven, 1 bottle of Chianti per 2 people AND limoncello OR grappa. 2016 UPDATES: Chef Services now available at properties in Liguria (Cinque Terre)! Wine School now available at your villa; see details below!
- Cost per person (12 years old and over): 55 Euros (6-12 pax); Cost per child (Ages 6-11): 25 Euros; Children under 6 years old are free. Minimum charge per meal: 330 Euros. There is an additional 10 Euro charge per person for a fish or truffle menu. The rates include travel up to 200 km round trip groceries, wine (up to ½ bottle per person), service and clean-up. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 66 Euros.
** Wine School… at Your Villa!**
- Are you interested in purchasing wine and balsamic vinegar while in Tuscany! Wine School is for YOU!
- Cinzia’s Group of Chefs now offers Wine School, in collaboration with Tenuta Torciano.
- Pierluigi, the winemaker at Tenuta Torciano, will come to YOU… offering pairings, tastings, and wine education in the comfort of your villa.
- The wine maker will select pairings for your chef-prepared meal in collaboration with Cinzia and her group of chefs.
- Cost: There is no cost for the tastings, but the winemaker kindly requests a minimum wine purchase of 500 Euros.
Warm and lovely, Elisa, has worked for years as a cook. She uses mainly organic, local, and seasonal products, paying close attention to the selection of fish and meat. In addition, she can prepare special meals, including gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and macrobiotic. Elisa will come to your villa to prepare four delicious courses: appetizer; first course (pasta or risotto); second course (meat, chicken, fish or vegetarian); side dish; and dessert. Your menu might include the following: eggplant tartlet; risotto with zucchini flowers, saffron and roasted almonds; roast rabbit with cherry tomatoes au gratin; chocolate and ricotta tart. After you book your dinner or lunch with RentVillas, your chef will send you a list of amazing menu choices.
- Cost per person (12 years old and over): 55 Euros (6-12 pax); Cost per child (Ages 6-11): 27.50 Euros; Children under 6 years old are free. Minimum charge per meal: 330 Euros. The rates include travel up to 200 km round trip, groceries, service and clean-up. Wine is not included. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 66 Euros.
Charming, funny, and trilingual, Mattisse will fill your house with delicious aromas, serve up one of his masterpiece meals, and leave your kitchen spic and span. Dinner or lunch is four courses: appetizer; first course (pasta or soup); second course (meat, chicken, fish or vegetarian); side dish; and dessert. When you schedule a meal through RentVillas, Mattisse will send you a list of menu choices. For example, you might select: panzanella (Tuscan bread salad); gnocchi with tomato, basil and cream; veal with Tuscan ham, sage and vinsanto; rosemary potatoes; and tiramisú.
**Buffet Service – New for 2017!** Mattisse now offers catering for small weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, seminars and any other special occassion for groups of up to 50 people. Please contact RentVillas for a quote.
- Cost per person (12 years old and over): 55 Euros (6-20 pax); cost per child (Ages 6-11): 27.50 Euros; children under 5 years old are free. Minimum charge per meal: 330 Euros. The rates include travel up to 100 km round trip, groceries, service and clean-up; does not include beverages. Deposit required: 10 Euros per person (12 years and over); 5 Euros for children (6-11); If a substitution is required for some of the group, there may be an extra charge. Minimum deposit – 60 Euros.
Born in the quiet hills of Tuscany, Graziella will take you on a gastronomic journey that you will remember for a lifetime! Virgin olive oil, local wine, cheese, pasta and bread baked in wood-burning ovens are just some of products that will be used. Discover how these simple ingredients in the hands of Graziella will help you discover the flavors and tradition of authentic Tuscan cuisine. Your traditional Tuscan menu will include: appetizers (stuffed rolled bresaola with goat cheese and oregano, with two kinds of bruschette); first course (risotto with porcini mushrooms); second course (prime cut pork with vegetables, garden herbs, and milk reduction); side dish of cannelli beans with majoram and sage, with panna cotta for dessert. 2016 UPDATE: Services now available at properties in Liguria (Cinque Terre)!
- Cost per person (12 years old and over: 65 Euros (6-12 pax); Cost per child (Ages 6-11): 25 Euros. Children under 6 years old are free. Minimum charge per meal: 390 Euros. The rates include travel up to 200 km round trip groceries, wine (up to 1 bottle of red Chianti wine per every 2 people), service and clean-up. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 78 Euros.
Doriana and Claudio:
Offering professional culinary services in both Tuscany and Umbria, Doriana and her husband, Claudio, a wine expert, have been collaborating in the kitchen for many years. They specialize in elegant, modern dishes in the Tuscan style. Your chefs will prepare four courses according to the menu of your choice, including antipasto, primo, secondo, contorno, and dolce. Vegetarian, traditional, and creative menu options are available, which your chef will provide to you when you book with RentVillas. Your typical Tuscan menu might include: tortino di ricotta di Pienza su misticianza (ricotta torte served on a bed of fresh mixed greens), followed by pappardelle al ragu’ d’anatra (fresh pappardelle with duck sauce). A main course of antico peposo di manzo (beef stew with black pepper), accompanied by pomodorini infornati all’origano (baked tomatoes with oregano) and rotoli di zucchine al timo (zucchini rolls with thyme) rounds out the meal, while a torta della nonna (Grandmother’s cake) offers a sweet counterpoint.
- Cost per person (12 years and over): 55 Euros (6-12 pax); 65 Euros (4-5 pax); Cost per child (6-11): 35 Euros. Children under 6 years old are free. The rates include groceries, service, and clean-up. Please note that chef transfer, up to a 100 km round trip radius from Sarteano, is included. Chef transfer beyond that area will require an additional fee, to be calculated at the time of booking and paid directly to the chef. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 66 Euros.
Imagine ending an adventure-filled day with a beautiful home cooked meal in the comfort of your villa—and you never have to lift a finger! Thanks to your private chefs, this dream can be a reality. All you have to do is select a menu. Both vegetarian and gluten-free options are available; please indicate your special needs at the time of booking. Note that a gluten-free menu will be priced the same as the menu chosen by the rest of the group; any problem ingredients will be substituted accordingly. If homemade gluten-free pasta (which requires additional dough preparation) is requested, there will be an extra charge of 8 Euros per person.
- There are seven menus available. Menus for Cortona Chef are located HERE. Per person prices include wine (Villa Loggio), sparkling/still water, and service/clean up.
- Tuscan Tradition: 70 Euros (4-5 pax); 65 Euros (6-7 pax); 60 Euros (8-9 pax); 50 Euros (10+ pax)
- Cortona Tradition: 70 Euros (4-5 pax); 65 Euros (6-7 pax); 60 Euros (8-9 pax); 50 Euros (10+ pax)
- Italian Tradition: 70 Euros (4-5 pax); 65 Euros (6-7 pax); 60 Euros (8-9 pax); 50 Euros (10+ pax)
- Menú Vegetariano: 70 Euros (4-5 pax); 65 Euros (6-7 pax); 60 Euros (8-9 pax); 50 Euros (10+ pax)
- Chianina Steak: 90 Euros (4-5 pax); 85 Euros (6-7 pax); 70 Euros (8-9 pax); 65 Euros (10+ pax)
- Tuscan Lux: 90 Euros (4-5 pax); 85 Euros (6-7 pax); 70 Euros (8-9 pax); 65 Euros (10+ pax)
- Tuscan Gourmet: 90 Euros (4-5 pax); 85 Euros (6-7 pax); 70 Euros (8-9 pax); 65 Euros (10+ pax)
Please note: The prices for the menus are based on the whole group enjoying the same menu. If a substitution is required for some of the group, there may be an extra charge. Children 0-6 are free. Children ages 6-10 pay 50% of the adult per person cost; a children’s menu is also available for 20 Euros per child. Driver transfer fee is not included. This fee will be calculated based on the location of your villa and will be paid directly to your chef. Gratuity is not included in the price. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 56 Euros.
Ready to experience bliss at the Tuscan table? Then Rosanna is your chef! Offering personal chef service and cooking classes in the Chianti and surroundings, she brings extensive teaching experience, coupled with a passion for fresh, local ingredients. Her philosophy? Food is an extraordinary tool for well being. Rosanna’s menus are inspired by Tuscan and Mediterranean themes, and she also specializes in both vegetarian and vegan meals. Meals can be tailored to YOUR needs, so the options are endless, with Chef Rosanna. Dinners include a 5-course meal.
- Cost per person: 56.25 Euros (6-12 pax). Beverages are not included. Children under 6 years are free. 12 and up are 1/2 price: 28 Euros. Rates include round trip travel of up to 60 km. Deposit required: 20% of the total; minimum deposit: 56 Euros.
Welcome Dinner Pack – Cortona Area Only (TIC):
After a long day of traveling, we’re weary and hungry by the time we arrive at our villa. Often the last thing on our minds is buying groceries or hunting down a restaurant! This is where the Welcome Dinner Pack comes in: On the afternoon of your arrival, a home cooked meal is delivered to your villa. All you have to do is heat it up and enjoy! The Pack includes a Tuscan antipasto, lasagna, a seasonal vegetable, and a traditional dessert. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated; please specify at the time of booking. Wine and sparkling/still water are also available upon request for an additional cost.
- Cost per person: 22.50 Euros. Children 0-6 are free. Children ages 6-10 pay 50% of the adult per person cost. This is only available in the Cortona area (within 15 km from Cortona). Deposit required: 20% of the total.
Please contact RentVillas at (800)726-6702. Upon receipt of the nonrefundable deposit (specified above), you will be put in direct contact with your chef, who will be able to answer your specific questions regarding the details of the meal,including balance payment, extra costs, and the meeting time and place. We recommend that reservations be made at least two months prior to your departure.