Booking a cooking class during your villa stay is the perfect way to truly savor life in Tuscany!
Here are cooking classes in Tuscany available through RentVillas:
1. Farm-to-Table Seasonal Cooking Class near Siena – (half-day, morning or evening) (NG)
Overview: Visit a local working farm estate 10 km from Siena and learn to prepare traditional dishes in an Italian family home with farm-raised products, such as fresh eggs, herbs, seasonal produce, cheese, olive oil, and wine.
- Enjoy either lunch or dinner (including estate-produced wine) following cooking instruction. Lunchtime course commences at 10:00-10:30 AM with lunch at 1:30; dinner course commences at 3:00-3:30 with dinner at 6:30 PM. Summer dinner courses begin at 4:00-4:30 with dinner at 7:30 PM.
- In season, harvest farm products alongside your chef/instructor such as fresh herbs, vegetables, and eggs to be used in meal preparation.
- During the class participants will be served a typical snack and a glass of Chianti.
- The class will include preparation of a primo (first courses), such as tagliatelle (made by hand!) with seasonal homemade sauces, a secondo (main dish), such as chicken or rabbit, a contorno (side dish), such as caramelized peppers or tomatoes au gratin, and a dolce (dessert).
- Dietary restrictions/preferences happily accommodated–please inquire in advance.
- Cost per person: April-October – 137.50 Euros; minimum 6 people for private session. November-March – 125 Euros; minimum 2 people for private session. Year round cost for open class: 113 Euros. Pick-up service at your Siena-area villa is available; rate is calculated according to distance and number of passengers.
2. Cooking Class in the Chianti – (half-day, morning or evening) (RP)
Overview: Learn to cook in the Tuscan style at a historic villa near Greve-in-Chianti.
- Gain hands-on experience from local chefs in making homemade pasta, such as ravioli, tagliatelle, and gnocchi. Your chefs will also instruct you in crafting traditional seasonal sauces, such as fresh tomato, basil pesto, meat sauce with porcini mushrooms and sweet onions, and much more!
- Morning classes are from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, including lunch. Evening classes are 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM, including dinner. Total lesson time (including menu planning, food preparation, and lunch or dinner on the villa terrace) is approximately 4 hours.
- Lunch, served on the beautiful terrace, includes wine and coffee.
- Sample menus include: gnocchi alla pomarola, saltimbocca alla romana, and biscottini di Prato; or homemade pasta (such as lasagne or tagliatelle) with ragú bolognese, and tiramisú.
- Special menu requests are welcomed, season and time permitting.
- Cost per person: 137 Euros. Children under 14: 80 Euros. Private parties (2-4 people): 200 Euros per person. Note: Class capacity is 6 people; unless your group has 6 people, you’ll join an open class of food enthusiasts.
3. Cooking at Home with Chef Cinzia – (half-day, morning or evening)
Overview: When Chef Cinzia arrives at your villa door, you know you’re in for a treat! Our longtime culinary partner offers a fun at-home introduction to Tuscan cuisine–and you get to sit back and savor the results.
- This 4-hour class will teach you how to prepare an 4-course traditional meal in your very own villa kitchen. Participants will then enjoy a sit-down meal (with wine!) following instruction.
- Cost per person: 80 Euros (4-12) pax; 25 Euros per child (ages 6-12). Children under 6 are free. Includes travel up to 100 km round trip, groceries, table service, and clean-up; does not include beverages.
4. Learn at Home with Chef Mattisse or Chef Elisa – (half-day, morning or evening)
- Over the course of four hours, your private chef will teach you how to prepare an authentic feast…and then you get to enjoy it!
- Cost per person: 100 Euros (4-12 pax); 50 Euros per child (ages 6-11). Includes travel up to 100 km round trip, groceries, table service, and clean-up; does not include beverages. Please Note: Each chef offers slight variations in their service and costs, so be sure to contact RentVillas for exact details.
5. Cooking Classes at Your Tuscan Villa – (3 hours) (TIC)
Overview: Your chef will arrive at your villa in the afternoon around 4:00 PM and together you will prepare a typical Tuscan dinner, including an antipasto, a pasta, a meat dish with vegetables, and a delicious dessert.
- There are seven menus available. Menu options are located HERE. Per person prices include a superb glass of wine (from Villa Loggio), sparkling/still water, and service/clean up.
- Tuscan Tradition Cooking: 125 Euros (2-3 pax); 115 Euros (4-5 pax); 110 Euros (6-7 pax); 95 Euros (8+ pax)
- Cortona Tradition Cooking: 125 Euros (2-3 pax); 115 Euros (4-5 pax); 110 Euros (6-7 pax); 95 Euros (8+ pax)
- Italian Tradition Cooking: 125 Euros (2-3 pax); 115 Euros (4-5 pax); 110 Euros (6-7 pax); 90 Euros (8+ pax)
- Just Pasta: 145 Euros (2-3 pax); 120 Euros (4-5 pax); 120 Euros 6-7 pax); 115 Euros (8+ pax)
- Just Pizza: 145 Euros (2-3 pax); 120 Euros (4-5 pax); 120 Euros 6-7 pax); 115 Euros (8+ pax)
- Tuscan Pro: 145 Euros (2-3 pax); 120 Euros (4-5 pax); 120 Euros 6-7 pax); 115 Euros (8+ pax)
- Cooking and Bartending Lesson: 150 Euros (2-3 pax); 140 Euros (4-5 pax); 120 Euros (6-7 pax); 115 Euros (8+ pax)
Please note: The prices for the menus are based on the whole group enjoying the same menu. If a substitution is required for some of the group, there may be an extra charge. Children 0-6 are free. Children ages 6-10 pay 50% of the adult per person cost; a children’s menu is also available for 20 Euros per child. A gluten-free menu will be priced the same as the menu chosen by the rest of the group; any problem ingredients will be substituted accordingly. If homemade gluten-free pasta (which requires additional dough preparation) is requested, there will be an extra charge of 8 Euros per person. Driver transfer fee is not included. This fee will be calculated based on the location of your villa and will be paid directly to your chef. Gratuity is not included in the price.
6. Cooking Fun with Truffles! (half day – afternoon/evening) (GB)
Overview: Learn how to clean, prep, and incorporate fresh truffles into a variety of Tuscan recipes.
- Giulio and Cristina, professional chefs in Bagno a Ripoli (20 minutes from Florence), will share their passion for these unique “fruits of the soil” during an afternoon and evening of lively instruction and delicious flavors. Class participants will prepare (and enjoy!) an antipasto, primo, secondo, contorno, and dolce.
- Available Monday-Friday, March-December (except May); 4:00 PM-8:00 PM. Cost per person: 120 Euros (2-5 pax); 110 Euros (over 5 pax). Price includes wine and water. Transportation not included.
Please contact RentVillas at (800) 726-6702.To confirm a reservation, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Upon receipt of the deposit, you will be put in direct contact with the Chef, who will be able to answer your specific questions regarding the details of the meal, including balance payment, extra costs, and the meeting time. We recommend that reservations be made at least two months prior to your departure.