Here are three driving tours on the Amalfi Coast, on Capri, and in Naples (including Pompeii) available through RentVillas:
1. Amalfi Coast Driving Tour – 8 hours (MB)
Overview: Departing from Naples, Rome, or any location on the Amalfi Coast, this 8-hour, all-day driving tour offers a fantastic introduction to the Amalfi Coast. Your knowledgeable driver/guide will show you the unparalleled natural beauty of this region while you relax in the air-conditioned comfort of a private van. No need to worry about the notoriously narrow roads or the lack of parking! You’re in excellent hands.
- Your day begins in Positano, a lovely fishing village where homes appear to tumble down to the sea. Next, you’re on to Sorrento, where once again you’ll experience spectacular vistas and gorgeous coastline. After exploring the charming shops, you’ll continue on to Amalfi. Here you’ll enjoy free time for a leisurely stroll, as well as a visit to the 9th century cathedral. The tour culminates with a visit to Ravello, a medieval town perched high above the sea.
- Lunch will be enjoyed in Ravello at a distinctive local restaurant.
- Your return trip includes additional sightseeing.
- Cost: 660 Euros for 1-7 pax. Note: Departures from Rome are not included in the price. Lunch is an additional cost.
2. Naples and Pompeii Walking/Driving Tour – 8 hours (MB)
Overview: This tour offers a fascinating glimpse of Naples, Italy’s third largest city and for many centuries, the capital of the Italian state. The second part of the tour includes a visit, on foot, to Pompeii, one of the most interesting archaeological sites in the world.
- Your English-speaking guide will pick you up at your villa or apartment in Rome or on the Amalfi Coast. Once arrived in Napes, your guide will show you the city’s most distinctive sites, including the historic center, Castel Nuovo, Palazzo Reale, Teatro San Carlo, Museo Archaeologico Nazionale, and the Museo and Gallerie Capodimonte. You’ll also take in the gorgeous views of Capri and Ischia over the Bay of Naples
- Next stop is Pompeii, the city that was buried in ash spewed fort in the 79 AD eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
- Lunch will be enjoyed in Naples at a distinctive local restaurant.
- Cost: 674.00 for 1-7 pax. Larger groups can also be accommodated; please inquire for rates! Note: Departures from Rome are not included in the price. Lunch is an additional cost. Museum/site entrance fees are not included.
- Please note: Your driver/guide will offer a basic overview of Pompeii. For an additional in-depth explanation of we recommend the services of a licensed archaeological guide. Licensed guides are available for a minimum of 2 hours, for an additional cost of 140 Euros.
3. Capri Driving Tour – 6 hours (MB)
Overview: This is a 6-hour driving tour (in a convertible!) around one of the loveliest and prestigious destinations in the Tyrrhenian Sea. Get to know the entire island from the comfort of a private car. Your tour begins on the island, so we recommend taking the ferry from Naples, Sorrento, or another location on the Amalfi Coast.
- Your English-speaking guide will meet you at Marina Grande, Capri’s main port. The first stop on your driving tour will be Anacapri, an ideal spot to enjoy not only the lush and beautiful landscape, but some of the island’s best food, as well. From Anacapri, you’ll summit Monte Salaro, Capri’s highest point. There, you’ll gaze down upon sweeping views of the Tyrrhenian sea and the Bay of Naples.
- Your next stop is the Blue Grotto. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore the magically illuminated cave; your guide will take you directly to the cave’s entrance, where you’ll then proceed via rowboat.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a seaside restaurant with incomparable views.
- After lunch, travel by convertible to Capri’s famous Piazetta, a charming shopping area with wonderful outdoor cafes.
- Cost: 495 for 1-7 pax. Larger groups can also be accommodated; please inquire for rates! Note: Lunch is an additional cost. Museum/site entrance fees are not included.
Please contact RentVillas at (800) 726-6702.To confirm a reservation, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Upon receipt of the deposit, you will be put in direct contact with the Tour Guide, who will be able to answer your specific questions regarding the details of the tour, including balance payment, extra costs, and the meeting time and place. We recommend that reservations be made at least two months prior to your departure.