Here are tours & excursions currently available in Provence through RentVillas:
Guided Wine Tours (AC):
Our wine tours in Provence include half- or full-day tours customized to YOU! You’ll discover the region’s best wineries as well as tour small villages and markets. Enjoy a picnic lunch or a visit to a notable restaurant. The itinerary emphasizes wine, but is balanced with other cultural visits.
Chateau Neuf du Pape Full-Day Itinerary – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM:
Discover the region’s best wineries with a professional guide!
Start your day visiting Chateau Neuf du Pape, then proceed to les Dentelles de Montmirail to discover Côtes du Rhône. Here’s the day’s schedule:
- 8:15 AM pick-up in Saint Rémy, followed by a visit to Domaine Pegau. This visit includes a tasting and explanation of the wine making process.
- 11:00 Visit Château La Nerthe for tasting and cellar tour.
- Lunch in Châteauneuf du Pape. Dining options include a Michelin-starred restaurant housed in a castle with views over the Rhône or in a casual family-owned eatery in the charming village of Gigondas. Catered picnics are also available upon request. Please note that the cost of lunch is not included in the tour rate.
- Afternoon schedule includes visits (with tastings) at premiere wineries in Gigondas and Beaumes de Venise (Domaine de Fenouillet)
Please note that transport is offered in a Volkswagen Caravelle van, which seats up to 8 passengers.
Cost: 487.50 Euros for 8 people. Price may vary due to group size and customized itinerary. Your tour guide will provide a quote prior to booking. Lunch is not included.
Village and City Tours – Walking & Driving
Enjoy customized half or full-day tours throughout Provence! Add-on options include market tours, picnics, tastings, and visits to olive oil mills or wineries.
- Les Alpilles Driving Tour
- Discover the landscapes which inspired Van Gogh! Your tour includes visits to the XII century Abbey and Cloister of Saint Paul de Maussole, where the artist spent one year of his life. Visit Saint-Remy-de-Provence and Les Alpilles National Park.
- Following a tour of Saint-Remy, you’ll enjoy a scenic drive and visit the famous Provencal villages of Les Baux de Provence, Maussane and Éygalieres.
- Transportation provided for up to 6 passengers. For larger groups, participants may follow the guide’s lead car in a rented vehicle, at no additional charge per person. Additional transportation for larger groups can be arranged by request.
- Lunch reservations can be made in a casual café or more upscale bistro. Lunch is paid directly to the restaurant and not included in the tour price.
Cost: (4 adults + 2 children) Half-Day: 402.50 Euros; Full-Day: 646.25 Euros
2. Avignon, Aix-en-Provence & Arles City Walking Tours
Choose to visit one (or more) of these historic cultural centers! Both Full-Day and Half-Day walking itineraries are available. You may rendezvous with your guide in your city of choice to begin your walking tour, or arrange for pick up at your villa in Provence (extra transportation cost applies; please inquire with RentVillas for a quote).
- In Aix-en-Provence, visit the magnificent historic center, known for its fountains, churches, boutiques and market. See and taste the famous “calissons” and follow in the foot steps of Cézanne…
- In Avignon, explore the Palace of Popes, the pedestrian streets, the famous bridge, the city market, the park of Rocher des Doms.
- In Arles, stroll the streets and discover the iconic arena and ruins.
- Lunch at a small local restaurant or a picnic can be arranged. The cost of lunch is extra.
Cost: (4 adults + 2 children) Half-Day Walking Tour without transportation: 231.25 Euros; Full-Day Walking Tour without transportation: 375 Euros.
Meet local artisans and sample gourmet food with a private guide!
3. Secrets of the Luberon – Full-Day Tour
Get an insider’s peek into the history, food, and culture of the Luberon! Here are some tour highlights as well as a general itinerary:
- 9:30 AM pick up at your villa.
- Enjoy beautiful views from both the northern and southern sides of this gorgeous sub-region.
- Visit an ancient wind mill used up until the end of the 19th century to grind flour.
- Head out on a short hike to learn about ancient farming techniques.
- Explore Bonnieux on foot with your guide. Stops include a visit to a local potter’s workshop, as well as lunch (extra cost.
- If desired, a visit to Chateau Canorgue to taste/purchase wine can be arranged.
- In the afternoon, see the village of Lourmarin–labeled the most beautiful in France! Pop in for a coffee at a local cafe’.
- Afternoon/evening Add-on: Head out on a truffle hunt! Your experience include champagne, truffle hors d’oeuvres, and truffle oil tasting. Note that the truffle tour starts at 5:00 PM and usually lasts 2 hours.
- 8 PM drop off at your villa.
Cost: Full-Day Tour – 2-4 pax: 468.75 Euros; Full-Day Tour – 5-6 pax: 531.25 Euros. For tour with Truffle Hunt (May-September), add 75 Euros per person; winter Truffle Hunt (November-March) – add 87.50 per person. Please note that lunch in Bonnieux is extra. Picnic lunches are also available: add 18.75 Euros per person for 2-4 pax or 12.50 Euros per person for 5-6 pax. Please request your picnic at the time of booking.
Please contact RentVillas at (800) 726-6702.To confirm a reservation, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Upon receipt of the deposit, you will be put in direct contact with the Tour Guide, who will be able to answer your specific questions regarding the details of the tour, including balance payment, extra costs, and the meeting time and place. We recommend that reservations be made at least two months prior to your departure.
Request Your Provence Tour